1. What do you think ______solve the problem?
A. you can do B. can you do
C. you can do to D. can you do to
2. In the past he often made his sister____, but now he is often made ___by his sister.
A. to cry; to cry B. cry; cry
C. to cry; cry D. cry; to cry
3. The teacher told us that the sun ____in the east.
A. rises B. rose C. raises D. raised
4. He lives in a village _____there are a lot of trees.
A. there B. where C. that D. which
5. He _________ Alice for ten years.
A .married to B. has married to
C. has married D. has been married to
6. We need fifteen more people _____our team to do the job.
A. but B. except C. as well D. besides
7. They won’t allow us ________ at this beach.
A. swimming B. to swim C. swam D. swim
8. Is this factory ______you visited last week?
A. that B. where C. the one D. in which
9. The reason ____he was absent from the meeting was ____his car broke down on the way.
A. that; because B. why; that C. that; that D. for; that
10. Is the river_____ through that town very large?
A. which flows B. flows C. that flowing D. whose flows
11. The teacher told me that the students I wanted to see were seen___ football on the playground just now.
A、 playing B、 to be playing C、 play D、 to play
12.The red rose is the only one _____I real like.
A、 which B、 who C、 that D、 whom
13. All the apples _____ fell down were eaten by the pigs.
A、 those B、 which C、 what D、 that
14. Don’t forget the day ______you were received into the Youth League.
A、 when B、 that C、 at which D、 where
15. I prefer________ at home to ______outside.
A、 staying, playing B、 to stay, play
C、 staying, play D、 to stay, playing
16. How many ____________ (猴子) does the zoo have ?
17. He listens to the teacher as ___________(仔细) as his cousin.
18. The old man lived in a __________(not quiet) street, so he couldn’t sleep well every day.
19. W___________ (the fourth day in a week) is my busiest day.
20. My ideal school starts at 9:00 a.m. and f_________ at 3:00 p.m..
21. Look! One of the children __________(swim)in the lake.
22. Lily is much __________(health) than her sister.
23. They _________(fly) to the UK, didn’t they ?
24. Is _________(eat) too much good or bad for your body ?
25. Mr. Lee _______________ (give) us a talk on the history of China tomorrow, isn’t he?
"Where is the university?" This is a question that many visitors to Cambridge(剑桥)ask. But no one can give them a __(26)__answer, for there is no wall to be found _(27)___ the university. The university is the city. You can find classroom buildings, __(28)__, museums and offices of the university all over the city. And most of its members are the students and_(29)__ of the thirty-one colleges(学院).
Cambridge was already a_(30)_ town long before the first students and teachers arrived 800 years ago. It grew up by the river Granta, and the river was once __(31)__ the Cam. A__(32)__ was built over the river as early as 875，so the town got its name "Cambridge".
In the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries more and more land was used for college buildings. The town grew much __(33)__ in the nineteenth century after the opening of the railway in 1845.Cambridge became a__(34)__ in 1951 and now it has a population of over 100,000. Many young students in other countries_(35)_ to study at Cambridge.
( ) 26. A. true B. clear C. right D. wrong
( ) 27. A. around B. in C. near D. about
( ) 28. A. cinemas B. libraries C. zoos D. parks
( ) 29. A. parents B. farmers C. teachers D. doctors
( ) 30. A. interesting B. old C. new D. usual
( ) 31. A. said B. called C. spoken D. talked
( ) 32. A. bridge B. building C. station D. house
( ) 33. A. smaller B. slower C. slowly D. faster
( ) 34. A. city B. college C. country D. village
( ) 35. A. stop B. hate C. hope D. dislike
The Arts Cinema is open 7 days a week, showing lots of American and foreign films. Next week it will show an Australian film called "Midnight Meeting". It is set in Sydney in the 1960s. You can see that film from Monday to Thursday. It will be on twice a day at 6:30 and 9:10 in the evenings. The film lasts two hours and fifteen minutes. Tickets are $ 4, but there is a special student ticket at $2.60 for all the films. Please bring your student card if you want the cheaper ticket.
The nearest car park to the cinema is in Hamlet Street. It’s just five minutes’ walk from the cinema. If you need further information, phone 8813962 during office hours-9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Answer each of the following questions in no more than SIX words.(每题答案不超过6个词)
36 In which country is the film "Midnight Meeting" made?
37 When can people see that film?
38 How many minutes does the film last?
39 What’s the price of a student ticket?
40 How far is it from the nearest park to the cinema?
Most of the time, magicians(魔术师)give good shows, but every magician has given a show that was terrible or has tried to do a trick that didn’t go right. Howard Thruston, a famous magician, made some interesting mistakes on the stage.
Thurston did a famous Indian trick with a girl. The girl climbed into a box. Then the box was pulled up above the stage. Thurston shouted, “Iasia, garawallah, go!” The box opened and the girl was gone. “Wonderful! Wonderful!”
One night, after the show, a man asked the magician, “Please tell me where you learned your magic(有魔力 的)words?”
Thurston answered, “I’ve traveled in India and often heard ‘garawallah’ in the streets there. I thought it was a good word for an Indian trick.” The man smiled and said, “I’m from India. That word means ‘Hey, bus! ‘“
Another mistake stayed in Thurston’s show. In one trick, he cut off the heads of two chickens and two ducks and put their bodies inside a magic box. Then he opened the box and found four living birds with heads on them. This is the way the trick was done. The birds’ heads were tied under their wings. Then false heads were tied on the birds before they were brought on the stage. Thurston cut off these false heads and put the birds in the box. His helper was also in the box. He could put new false heads on the birds faster than he could untie the true heads. So after Thurston put the birds inside the box, his helper tied on false heads.
One night, the helper made a mistake. He tied the chicken heads on the ducks and then tied the duck heads on the chickens. The birds came out of the box, and the people laughed and laughed.
41. “Garawallah” means ________.
A. after Thurston shouted the words, the girl was gone
B. the people in India ask for the traffic
C. the birds came out of the box and made the people laugh
D. it was a good words for an Indian trick
42. The best title of the story could be ________.
A. A Careless Helper B. A Magician’s Mistakes
C. Good Shows D. Terrible Tricks
43. How many people and how many kinds of birds were there in this story?
A. Six. B. Seven. C. Eight. D. Twelve
44. In fact, the second trick was a wonderful show. Could you guess what excuse the magician would say?
A. Sorry, my helper has made a mistake.
B. Oh, dear! What’s the matter with the birds?
C. Look! How magic my birds are!
D. Oh! I really don’t know what has happened.
Albert Einstein is one of the greatest scientists who ever lived. But he couldn’t find his way home when he went for a w __ 45__ . He often forgot things. He had other things to think about. Science was m __ 46__ important to him than any other thing in life. Albert Einstein was born in 1879 in Germany. When he was a child, he learned things very s __ 47__ . Albert didn’t speak
u __48__ he was three years old. His parents were w __ 49__ about him. When he was 12, Albert began r__ 50__ math and science books. He was excited about the t __51__ he learned in those books. He became more and more interested in math and physics. He wanted to find the a__ 52__ to the questions about the universe. When he told people about his ideas, other scientists l__ 53__ at him at first. But his ideas changed the world, scientists looked at the universe in a n __54__ way. Because of him, we have such things as computers, televisions, and space travel today.
50._________51.__________ 52.____________53 ____________
一、1-5 CDABD 6-10 DBCBA 11-15 ACDAA
二、16. monkeys 17. carefully 18. noisy 19. Wednesday 20. finishes
三、21. is swimming 22. healthier 23. flew 24. eating 25. is going to give
四、26~30 B A B C D 31~35 B A D A C
37. From Monday to Thursday
38. Two hours and fifteen minutes
40. Five minutes' walk
六.45.walk 46. more 47. slowly 48 until 49worried
50. reading 51. things 52. answers 53. laughed